Geneviève Beaudin is a member of DS Lawyers’ Labour and Employment Law group.
As part of her practice, She advises and represents companies at the provincial and federal levels, namely in their individual and collective working relationships. In this role, she handles cases involving grievance arbitration, human rights, labour standards and access to information.
Geneviève has gained considerable experience in group benefits and retirement plans, as well as in judicial reviews.
She also has sound experience in the drafting of opinions, arguments, and memoranda in the context of labour and employment disputes.
Geneviève represents companies before various tribunals including arbitration panels, administrative tribunals, and the courts. She also acts for them in mediation proceedings.
She has also co-authored the École du Barreau publication, Droit du travail (Collection de droit) for several years. As an excellent communicator, she also teaches labour and employment law at the École du Barreau.
- Advise businesses on labour and employment law;
- Counsel companies in grievance arbitration;
- Counsel companies in judicial review or appeal;
- Advise companies on imposing disciplinary and non-disciplinary measures;
- Advise companies on psychological harassment;
- Counsel companies on benefit and retirement plans;
- Advising businesses on human rights and freedoms;
- Counsel businesses on privacy and access to information
- Drafting of legal opinions and memoirs;
- Counsel companies during mediation, conciliation or CRA processes.
Geneviève regularly speaks at various conferences on labour and employment law, especially regarding labour standards, non-competition and non-solicitation clauses, the impact of cannabis legalization, the use of technology in the context of employment, etc
- Geneviève teaches Labour Law at l’École du Barreau;
- She is involved with children’s development organizations. She is currently a board member of the Camp Mariste summer camp.
- École du Barreau book, Droit du travail – Collection de droit, Book - Co-author and coordinator of the annual update since 2007 (Les Éditions Yvon Blais)
- “Les frontières entre la vie privée et la vie professionnelle : revue jurisprudentielle”, Other publications – co-authored with Stéphane Fillion, Les Cahiers de droit, Les transformations du travail et la protection du salarié, Université Laval Faculty of Law, volume 54, issues 2-3, June-September 2013, p. 255-275, 2013
- Amendments to the Labour Standards Act: overview of the bill, 2018
- Provincial Elections: The Polls Are Opening, 2018
- Federal employers – introduction of a bill in an effort to prevent harassment, 2017
- Merry Christmas #MeToo, 2017
- St. John the Baptist Day – a Primer on Employers’ Obligations, 2017
- Christmas Presents and Bonuses for Your Employees: Can the Employer Be Less Generous Than Santa?, 2016
- Suspension of Arbitration Hearing Pending a Court Decision on the Constitutionality of Bill 15: Two Contradictory Decisions, 2016
- Different Pension and Benefit Plans Depending on Employees’ Hiring Date, 2016
- The Quebec Superior Court Stresses the Importance of Communications with Employees Concerning Their Pension Plan in a Class Action Against IBM, 2016
- Quebec’s Bid to Reform Municipal Pension Plans Will Have to Wait for the Superior Court to Determine the Validity of Bill 15, 2016
- The Company Christmas Party – What Are the Employer’s Obligations?, 2015
- Introduction of the Administrative Labour Tribunal and of the Commission des normes, de l’équité, de la santé et de la sécurité du travail, 2015
- Quebec Court of Appeal Decision on Pension and Benefits Plans, 2015
- 10 HR Resolutions for a Successful 2015, 2015
- Office Christmas Parties and Social Media: When the Friends of my Friends … Are Not my Friends!, 2014
- Human Resources Management in the Era of Social Media, 2014
- Is Absenteeism Making you Ill?, 2014
- St. John the Baptist Day – a Primer on Employers’ Obligations, 2014