The banking, finance and insurance sector was fundamentally changed by the 2008 crisis and is subject to increasing pressures in a complex global environment. Sector stakeholders must constantly anticipate new regulatory restrictions and volatile financial markets. At the international level, these new rules and practices are sometimes contradictory.
DS Avocats’ horizontal and multi-disciplinary organisational structure allows us to provide our clients with pragmatic, flexible support based on an in-depth knowledge of the challenges they face. We advise all actors in the sector, in particular banks, financial institutions, investment funds, insurance companies, asset managers, institutional clients and organisations and governments, on all legal issues inherent to this sector.
Thanks to our offices across four continents (Europe, America, Asia and Africa) and our international Desks, we can offer our clients a comprehensive range of services in all jurisdictions and legal areas, and in different languages.
Our specialised lawyers advise companies in the sector on the following matters :
- Regulatory and contractual aspects of financial and banking services ;
- Banking, finance and disciplinary litigation, with notable expertise in complex litigation in a highly regulated and international environment ;
- Fintech, electronic payments and crypto-finance ;
- Financing and capital markets ;
- Assistance to insurance bodies and insurance intermediaries on all matters related to the prudential regimes of insurers, in particular those related to the Solvency II Directive and its implementing instruments.