Our Customs and International Trade Department advises on customs law everywhere in the world where DS Avocats has an office: Europe, Canada, Latin America, Asia and Africa.
In order to protect commercial transactions in an increasingly international context, we support our clients with their international projects across four cross-disciplinary areas :
- Access to the European market and the free movement of goods, people, capital and services within the EU ;
- Monitoring of trade defense measures: antidumping and anti-subsidy ;
- Export controls and international economic sanctions ;
- Transfer pricing policy.
To ensure the success of our assignments, we have developed a perfect understanding of customs procedures and authorities (The Directorate-General of Customs and Indirect Taxes (DGDDI), the European Commission, the World Customs Organization, the World Trade Organization, etc.), as well as of the relevant national and international courts.
Our Customs and International Trade Department is an active member of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) and an approved expert with the International Trade Commission of the European Parliament.
The full range of services for transactional and contentious matters
We offer an extensive range of services in customs law, indirect taxation and international trade regulations :
- Issues related to tariff classifications, determining the origin and customs value of merchandise: binding tariff information on classification and origin (binding tariff information and binding origin information and), opinions on value, adjustment rates, transfer pricing, etc. ;
- Import VAT ;
- Authorised economic operator (AEO); approved exporter ;
- Origin marking, ‘made in’ ;
- Customs clearance procedures (centralised clearance and clearance at premises) and specific customs regimes (warehouse, inward processing, etc.) ;
- Indirect taxation, exercise duties, energy and environmental tax (TTIP, TICGN and TICPE (French energy taxes), TGAP (tax on polluting activities), etc.) ;
- Assistance with implementing free trade agreements ;
- Ensuring compliance of merchandise for the European market (CE marking, REACH, CITES, etc.) ;
- European trade defense measures, anti-dumping inquiries ;
- Export controls (dual-use goods, EAR, ITAR), international economic sanctions, etc.
We work closely with various specialists, in particular on cases involving OFAC sanctions and EAR/ITAR export controls.
We advise our clients on their transfer pricing policies and international restructuring and offer assistance that is adapted to the size of the business and the level of transfer pricing obligations.
Our team advises on the following :
- Transfer pricing diagnostics ;
- Economic studies ;
- International restructuring ;
- Transfer pricing documentation ;
- Assistance with tax audits ;
- Tax litigation.
To find out more, go to our dedicated website: www.prixdetransfert.dsavocats.com