The global environmental sector is expanding rapidly thanks to increased regulations and changes in consumer preferences. Across the world, stakes have been raised in this sector as a result of the increased awareness of and mounting consideration given to topics such as ecology, sustainable development and the environment, as well as to the role of public authorities, companies and consumers in these matters.
Public and private entities in this sector are facing numerous challenges :
- Substantial investment requirements (infrastructure, R&D, etc.) ;
- Unstable regulatory and tax frameworks ;
- The need to devise new business models and innovative financial structures ;
- A constantly evolving technological environment.
The value added we provide to actors in the environmental sector is based on the complementary nature of our various areas of expertise: our environmental and sustainable development law department works in close cooperation with our experts in public law, banking and finance, company law, insurance law, competition law, tax law, intellectual property law and new technologies and data law.
Backed up by a network of technical, economic and engineering experts (HSE Signature), and thanks to our various offices across the world, our teams have been able to develop an in-depth understanding of national and international regulations and of the local context required to tackle all environmental challenges.
Our lawyers and legal professionals assist their clients in the private and public environmental sector on both transactional and contentious matters and offer them a wide range of services in the following fields :
- Sustainable buildings and cities ;
- Circular economy and energy ;
- Contaminated sites and land ;
- Environmental permits ;
- Waste and reversal of waste status ;
- Noise ;
- Biodiversity ;
- Health and safety in the workplace.
Sustainable and intelligent cities and regions
In a rapidly changing economic and social environment, the notion of so called “sustainable” cities and regions corresponds to a global approach that aims to ensure that regions function efficiently and at a high level, in particular by using and adopting new legal, land-use, property, environmental and digital regulations.
Our sustainable and intelligent cities and regions solutions give all actors involved in these projects, be they public or private entities, the advantage of multi-disciplinary legal support with both transactional and contentious matters.
Our lawyers also advise on the following :
- Public contracts ;
- Project finance ;
- Urban and land-use strategies Environmental, energy and health impact ;
- Sustainable construction and buildings ;
- Intelligent and connected governance.